RSS Feeds

Friday, March 26, 2010

How Do You Use Social Media?

Social media can be quite overwhelming.  There are many different ideas about which social networks are the best to use and how to use them most effectively.  These are the social media forums I use and how I use them:

LinkedIn- I signed up for a LinkedIn account a few years ago but only used it to connect to a few former coworkers.  In the past few months I've found it to be a fantastic resource for making new connections with business professionals, and the discussions in the various groups I've joined are what make social networking worth while.   

Twitter- I follow several professionals on Twitter that send out great content, and I love that the format forces us all to get right to the point!  While I do retweet things I find interesting or useful I don't create much original content on Twitter. 

Facebook- I mostly use Facebook to keep up with friends that I don't see very often.  I rarely post on Facebook, but I enjoy reading other peoples' updates.  I have a fan page for my consulting business, but frankly it sucks.  I may revisit the idea in a couple of months, but it's pretty low on my list of priorities.

BizSugar- The only niche social medium I use.  It's a great resource for professionals to link to their blog posts, and the rating system (similar to digg.com) makes it easy to fins something smart to read.

I'm still figuring some of this out, but I think what I have in place works for me, at least for the moment.  What about you?  How do you use social media?
blog comments powered by Disqus