RSS Feeds

Friday, January 29, 2010

Great Ways to Tweak Your Blog (and Mine)

I read a great blog post yesterday on How to Build a More Beautiful Blog.  It contained some fantastic suggestions on how to make your blog look much nicer using free templates (and a little bit of basic html editing).  I've tried to figure some of this out for myself, but the posting makes it so simple I had to give it a try.  Here's what I did:

Added a new template

There are a handful of links listed, and this is the one I chose.

Edited some of the html
The post I read suggested to start learning html here, but I went on my own.  Trial and error is more fun!

The template I chose has a heading for a contact link.  Having no idea how to set that up I once again relied on the wisdom of the blogoshpere.  This blog post walked me through creating a contact page.  It even has a video, which I paused several times as I mimicked the instructions.

I'm shocked at how simple all of this was.  An hour or so of playing around and my blog looks much more professional.  At least I think so...
blog comments powered by Disqus