RSS Feeds

Monday, June 7, 2010

Curing The Social Media Blues

Friday I wrote a post about how frustrating it can be to find time for blogging (or social media in general) when other time pressures seem overwhelming.  I'm thrilled at the great responses I got, and I'd like to share a few of my favorite tips that I received from readers:
  • set aside a block of time and write several blog posts at once 
  • keeping blogs short and breaking a topic up over several days
  • Automate and schedule using tools like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite
  • invite guest bloggers to contribute to the blogging
  • take an occasional break, but be careful that the brand doesn't suffer
  • hire someone to manage social media and/or ghostwrite blog posts
  • focus on working smart rather than working hard
Thank you to everyone who commented.  I appreciate the feedback, and it gave me several great ideas for ways to adjust my blogging & social media approach.   More importantly, the interaction reminded me why I love blogging in the first place!
blog comments powered by Disqus