RSS Feeds

Friday, June 4, 2010

Social Media Blues

It's been really difficult to find time to blog for the last few weeks, and I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.  I'm taking a couple of evening classes that have turned out to be more time consuming than I expected, plus I've taken on a slightly larger role at work.  Add in a little time for exercise (including the mountain bike I bought recently), and a very little time for relaxation, and I'm spent!  I definitely enjoy blogging, especially when inspiration strikes, but lately it seems like I've been rushing through it so I can move on to the many other things I need to accomplish. 

Really I've been having the same problem with all of my social media.  It was fun when it was shiny and new, but there are days and even weeks when it's hard to keep up.  I recently removed a few blogs from my reader in an effort to stay current on others.  My communications on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn have slowed to a crawl as well.  I'm hopeful that at the end of the month my schedule will lighten up for awhile (I have 9 weeks off of classes!), but I'm not sure what to do until then.

Has anyone else had this problem?  How do you approach it?  Do you continue trying to keep up to date on social media, or is it better to take a break once in awhile?
blog comments powered by Disqus