RSS Feeds

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Over-Planning Causes Inaction

Last week I wrote this post sharing my social media strategy as it is today.  I received a ton of great feedback!  Thanks to everyone who commented on this blog and in the group discussions it was posted in.  One reader, Mike Y, left a comment offering to review my LinkedIn account and my website.  I accepted his offer and we continued our discussion via email.

I had mentioned that I plan to rebrand my website in a couple of months after revising my business plan.  His response was to "rebrand now, while it is ripe and your efforts don't go to waste, the investment is minimal."  This really got me thinking about my current approach.  Perhaps I spend too much time planning and not enough time acting.  Don't get me wrong, I still think business planning is critical (I've written about it here and here, plus it's a service I offer as a consultant).  I just think maybe I need to move through my planning process more swiftly.

Has anyone else found themselves having to choose between careful planning and swift action?  Which do you tend to lean towards?

Oh, and if anyone would like to see what other insights Mike has on e-Marketing check out his latest blog post below.  I've looked at a few of his other recent posts and it's pretty useful stuff!

http://diywebjem.com/blog/2010/03/30/maximize-your-linkedin-profile-and-expand-your-web-traffic-and-business/
blog comments powered by Disqus