RSS Feeds

Monday, August 9, 2010

Gone Fishing

When I started blogging at the beginning of the year my goal was to post 3 times a week, no exceptions.  Well, last week I posted on Monday, and that's it.  When it came time to write posts for Wednesday and Friday I just didn't have it in me.  I felt like I had nothing at all to say, and I didn't want to write a boring, meaningless post just to stick to an arbitrary schedule.

I've written before about some of the difficulty I've had keeping up with my blogging schedule, and until now I've always maintained that blogging on a regular schedule was important enough to me that I would continue, even when I didn't really feel like blogging.  The difference now is that the quality of my blog posts have been going down (in my opinion, anyway), and that means it's time for me to take a step back and rethink my approach.

I need to rethink a few things about how I approach blogging.  For now I expect to post on an ad-hoc basis, most likely once a week.  Hopefully a few tweaks can help me feel a little less burnt out.
blog comments powered by Disqus